Irix 15mm f/2.4 Firefly Canon
- Irix 15mm Firefly for Canon
- Neutrino coating for minimum ghosting, CA and flare
- Innovative Focus lock
- Lightweight ABS construction
- Ergonomic focus ring
- protective carrying pouch included
Availability: In stock
Irix brings you the perfect combination of European design and Korean precision. We offer the highest quality products, superior functionality and minimalistic design, a combination that puts our lenses in a class above other brands.
We're proud to present the new Irix 15mm f/2.4 Firefly wide-angle lens, equipped with a Canon EF mount. This practical and professional lens is designed by our engineers to give you a precision tool that sets new standards for the way you work, in an affordable package.
The Irix 15mm Firefly is a manual, super-wide-angle lens that allows you to include much more of the scene for a greater sense of space and incredible effects. It's the perfect lens for landscape, architectural and even interior photography. This versatile lens will adapt to every situation and the results are impressive, to say the least. The built-in hyperfocal distance scale gives you precise information about the depth of field for each shot. The ergonomic focusing ring incorporates a convenient click-stop for the infinity setting. An innovative focus lock lets you easily set the focus anywhere on the scale and keep it there for consistently repeatable results and to help avoid focus drift. With a minimum focusing distance of 11.02" (0.28m), you can get in close to your subjects for great wide-angle effects.
- Neutrino coating for minimal ghosting, chromatic aberration and flare, with maximum sharpness and contrast
- 15 elements in 11 groups for extremely high image quality
- Focus lock allowing you to lock the chosen setting at any time
- Weather sealed construction resists the elements for use in the harshest conditions
- Hyperfocal distance scale for precise information about depth of field
- Clearly-labeled infinity position for the focus ring with a noticeable "click" to make it easy to find, even in the dark
- Minimum focus distance of 11.02" (0.28m)
- Ergonomic focus ring for faster focus
- 9 rounded diaphragm blades for a beautiful bokeh effect
Irix has created the Firefly lens with a weather-resistant exterior and inner seals, so you can use it in all weather conditions. Thanks to this construction, your Firefly lens is protected from accidental water splashes, rain, snow, dust and other airborne particles. This makes it the perfect glass for photographers who need to work in all possible conditions.
The optical construction of the Irix Firefly wide-angle lens is superb, meeting the most demanding requirements of modern cameras. 15 elements in 11 groups include three elements of highly refractive glass and two of extra-low dispersion glass. Two aspherical lenses provide extremely high image quality and improve image brightness at the edges, while minimizing distortion and aberration. Irix 15mm wide-angles also feature 9 rounded diaphragm blades, perfect for beautiful bokeh at wide aperture settings.
Irix has combined manual photography with ingenious, cutting-edge technology, making this lens the ideal solution for both professionals and hobbyists. Here are some its innovative features:
- Weather sealed, usable even in extreme weather conditions
- Inner seals also protect from accidental liquid splashes or spills
- Perfect for photographers who need to work in all kinds of weather, rain or shine
- Hyperfocal scale provides constant depth of field information
- When setting the focusing ring to infinity, you will hear a noticeable "click", making it easy to find the position, even at night or when visibility is limited
- Positive focus lock to maintain the chosen setting at any time
- Ensures consistent focus settings for repetitive shots
- 95mm front filter thread AND a rear gelatin filter slot for even more options
- Filters can be cut by the photographer at 30x30mm
- Lens hood mounts around the outside of the lens barrel, encircling the filter
- Filters can be accessed through the lens hood, thanks to the small window (shown closed in the image)
- Ideal for working with circular polarizers, variable ND filters, etc.
Irix 15mm MTF Graphic
Irix 15mm Distortion
Firefly or Blackstone? Which one is right for you?
|Camera mount||Canon EF|
|Fixed focal length||15mm|
|Minimum focus distance||11.02" (0.28m)|
|Elements / Groups||15/11|
|Angle of View||110º|
|Lens Hood||Yes (removable)|
|Weight||1.34 lbs (608g)|