Irix 15mm f/2.4 Blackstone Pentax
- Irix 15mm Blackstone for Pentax K
- Neutrino coating for minimum ghosting, CA and flare
- Innovative Focus lock
- UV Reflective markings for superior low-light visibility
- Rugged aluminum-magnesium alloy body
- Rigid transport pouch included
Availability: In stock
Irix brings you the perfect combination of European design and Korean precision. We offer the highest quality products, superior functionality and minimalistic design, a combination that puts our lenses in a class above other brands.
We're proud to present the new Irix 15mm f/2.4 Blackstone wide-angle lens, equipped with the Pentax K mount. This sturdy professional lens is designed by our engineers to give you a precision tool that sets new standards for the way you work. The Blackstone features a rugged exterior with anti-scratch coating, and engraved, high-visibility markings. It's also manufactured with an extra seal at the front element for better water and weather resistance.
The Irix 15mm Blackstone is a manual, super-wide-angle lens that allows you to stretch your creativity by expanding the viewing angle for a greater sense of space as well as opening up new perspectives for effects. It's the perfect lens for landscape, architectural and even interior photography. This versatile lens will adapt to every situation and the results are impressive, to say the least. The built-in hyperfocal distance scale gives you precise information about the depth of field for each aperture setting. The ergonomic focusing ring incorporates a convenient click-stop for the infinity setting. An innovative focus lock lets you easily set the focus anywhere on the scale and keep it there for consistently repeatable results and to help avoid focus drift. With a minimum focusing distance of 11.02" (0.28m), you can get in close to your subjects for great wide-angle effects
- Neutrino coating for minimal ghosting, chromatic aberration and flare, with maximum sharpness and contrast
- UV reflective, engraved markings, ideal for night photography
- 15 elements in 11 groups for extremely high image quality
- Focus lock allowing you to maintain the chosen setting at any time
- Weather sealed construction resists the elements for use in the harshest conditions
- Additional weather seal at the front lens element
- Hyperfocal distance scale for precise information about depth of field
- Clearly-labeled infinity position for the focus ring with a noticeable "click" to make it easy to find, even in the dark
- Minimum focus distance of 11.02" (0.28m)
- Ergonomic focus ring for faster focus
- 9 rounded diaphragm blades for a beautiful bokeh effect
Irix has created the Blackstone lens with a weather-resistant exterior and inner seals, so you can use it in all weather conditions. It incorporates an extra seal at the front element for greater water resistance. Thanks to this construction, your Blackstone lens is protected from accidental water splashes, rain, snow, dust and other airborne particles. This makes it the perfect glass for photographers who need to work in all possible conditions. With its tough housing and engraved markings, it's also ideal for photographers who shoot in harsh environments.
The optical construction of the Irix Blackstone wide-angle lens is superb, meeting the most demanding requirements of modern cameras. 15 elements in 11 groups include three elements of highly refractive glass and two of extra-low dispersion glass. Two aspherical lenses provide extremely high image quality and improve image brightness at the edges, while minimizing distortion and aberration. Irix 15mm wide-angles also feature 9 rounded diaphragm blades, perfect for beautiful bokeh at wide aperture settings.
Irix has combined manual photography with ingenious, cutting-edge technology, making this lens the ideal solution for both professionals and hobbyists. Here are some its innovative features:
- Weather sealed, usable even in extreme weather conditions
- Inner seals also protect from accidental liquid splashes or spills
- Perfect for photographers who need to work in all kinds of weather, rain or shine
- Hyperfocal scale provides constant depth of field information
- When setting the focusing ring to infinity, you will hear a noticeable "click", making it easy to find the position, even at night or when visibility is limited
- Positive focus lock to maintain the chosen setting at any time
- Ensures consistent focus settings for repetitive shots
- Fluorescent markings: engraved, then painted with special UV fluorescent paint
- See the settings for your Blackstone even in low-light situations
- Ideal for night photography
- 95mm front filter thread AND a rear gelatin filter slot for even more options
- Filters can be cut by the photographer at 30x30mm
- Lens hood mounts around the outside of the lens barrel, encircling the filter
- Filters can be accessed through the lens hood, thanks to the small window (shown closed in the image)
- Ideal for working with circular polarizers, variable ND filters, etc.
Irix 15mm MTF Graphic
Irix 15mm Distortion
Irix Firefly or Blackstone? Which one is right for you?
|Fixed focal length||15mm|
|Minimum focus distance||11.02" (0.28m)|
|Elements / Groups||15/11|
|Angle of View||110º|
|Lens Hood||Yes (removable)|
|Weight||1.44 lbs (653g)|