Irix 150mm f/2.8 Dragonfly 1:1 Macro lens for Pentax
- Irix 150mm Dragonfly 1:1 Macro lens for Pentax
- Neutrino coating for minimum ghosting CA and flare
- Innovative Focus lock, wide and rubberized Focusing Ring
- 34cm of minimal focusing distance
- Tripod collar with Arca Swiss standard foot
- Designed for full-frame high-resolution DSLR cameras
- Rugged aluminum-magnesium alloy body
- Rigid transport pouch included
Availability: Currently out of stock
The Irix 150mm f/2.8 is not only a Macro lens – the focal length of 150mm provides an excellent compromise between the narrow field of view desired in advertising and portrait photography. The optical scheme of the lens was designed to achieve the best possible image quality.
At Irix we believe that the lens is not only a tool – it’s a way to capture the image so we included many friendly solutions in it like Focus Lock feature, wide and rubberized Focusing Ring, Notch at Focusing Ring, 34cm of minimal focusing distance, tripod collar with Arca Swiss standard foot and perfectly formed Hard Case for the lens.
A unique feature of Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 is an aperture diaphragm consisting of 11 rounded aperture blades so the edge-to-edge image quality stays excellent even when relatively slow aperture values are used.
Another advantage of 11 rounded aperture blades mechanism is to create smooth background blur (so-called Bokeh) with natural transmission between in-focus and out-of-focus areas.
The Irix 150mm f/2.8 lens fully communicates with the camera because of its electronic module (AE):
- Focus confirmation – the camera will inform you when properly set the focus point
- Aperture control straight from the camera
- Auto-exposure measurements with all cameras
- semi-automatic modes (PASM)
- All exposure parameters are saved in EXIF data
Because of mid-telephoto focal length and a fast aperture of f/2.8, the depth-of-field is shallow so focusing must be smooth and precise. To ensure high comfort of use the lens has a wide rubberized focusing ring with a special notch which combined with a rotational angle of 270 degrees provides quick, easy and precise focus adjustment.
Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro 1:1 lens is equipped with weather sealing in five key places to protect internal parts from unfavourable weather conditions so there are no worries to use it even in harsh environment and weather conditions.
To seal the entire lens structure even more tightly the Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro has internal focusing – the lens doesn’t change its dimensions, so there is no chance to get any dust or moisture inside. Also, the front element of the lens stays in the same working distance from the object when shooting so the lens stays compact and convenient to use.
|Camera mount||Nikon F|
|Fixed focal length||150mm|
|Minimum focus distance||1.1ft (0.345m)|
|Elements / Groups||12/9|
|Diaphragm Blades||11 rounded blades|
|Filter Size||Front: 77mm|
|Angle of View||16,2º (diagonal)|
|Lens Hood||Yes (removable)|
|Weight||1.81 lbs (840g)|