Irix 11mm f/4.0 Firefly Nikon
- For Nikon F, APS-C and Full Frame
- Weather sealed
- Neutrino coating for minimum ghosting, CA and flare
- Innovative Focus lock and infinity click-stop
- Lightweight ABS construction
Availability: In stock
After the release of the 15mm lens, Irix took things one step further and has created a new super wide angle lens, the Irix 11mm f/4 Firefly lens, a wide angle you will want to try out after learning about all it delivers.
- Angle of view of 126º and a focus distance of 0.275 m (0.9 ft)
- Ergonomic focus ring, for more comfortable focusing
- Clearly-labeled infinity position for the focus ring with a noticeable click-stop to make it easy to find, even in the dark
- Ultra lightweight design, with weather sealed construction, to resist elements in the harshest conditions
- 4 highly refractive lenses (HR), 2 ED lenses and 3 aspherical lenses guarantee minimal distortion, as low as 3.13%
- Rear gelatin filter slot for 30x30mm filters lets you be even more creative
The Irix 11mm f/4 Firefly wide angle lens is equipped with a Nikon F mount and is compatible with both Full Frame and APS-C cameras. The biggest difference from the previous 15mm lens is its focal distance of 11mm, allowing you to get an even larger frame in your photo. Fixed focal lenses are considered by experts to be of a higher technical quality and this lens is no different. With its amazing 126º angle of view, this lens will let you photograph much more than the majority of wide angle lenses on the market.
Because of these features, the Irix 11mm f/4 Firefly lens is ideal for landscape photography, nature, architecture, interior and astrophotography. Like all Irix lenses, this new lens has also been designed with a sealed exterior. This may not always seem important, but in the long run, you will find that this extra protection against moisture, dirt and dust is one of the features that makes the Irix lenses better than other brands. Put simply, it means this lens will last longer.
The Irix 11mm f/4 Firefly has an innovative Focus Lock, ideal for when you are working with longer exposures and you need to maintain the focus in the same position. One small movement and a whole day's work could be lost, but with this new innovation, you will keep your focus exactly where you want it.
Irix's new jewel:
- Weather sealed, usable even in extreme weather conditions
- Inner seals also protect from accidental liquid splashes or spills
- Perfect for photographers who need to work in all kinds of weather, rain or shine
- Hyperfocal scale helps maximize depth of field
- When setting the focusing ring to infinity, you will feel a noticeable "click", making it easy to find the position, even at night or when visibility is otherwise limited
- Positive focus lock to maintain the chosen setting at any time
- Ensures consistent focus settings for repetitive shots, long exposures or time-lapse
- Rear gelatin filter slot for even more options
- Filters can be cut by the photographer at 30x30mm
The 11mm lens is an extremely wide Full Frame rectilinear lens with a 126° angle of view. 4 high refractive lenses, 2 ED lenses and 3 aspherical lenses guarantee minimal distortion, as low as 3.13%, making it absolutely unique in its class.
Irix 11mm MTF graphic
Irix 11mm Distortion
|Camera mount||Nikon F|
|Fixed focal length||11mm|
|Minimum focus distance||10.8" (0.275m)|
|Elements / Groups||16/10|
|Angle of View||126º|
|Lens Hood||Yes (non removable)|
|Weight||1.61 - 1.74 lbs (730-790 g)|