Irix 11mm f/4.0 Blackstone Canon
- For Canon, APS-C and full frame
- Weather sealed
- Neutrino coating for minimum ghosting, CA and flare
- Innovative Focus lock and infinity click-stop
- UV Reflective markings for superior low-light visibility
- Rugged magnesium-aliminum construction
Availability: In stock
Irix surprises us with a new, Swiss-designed ultra wide angle, the Irix 11mm f/4.0 Blackstone for Canon. A rectilinear lens with all the same features and quality as the 15mm f/2.4. It's the perfect lens to take with you wherever you go thanks to its sturdy housing and image quality.
- Angle of view of 126º and a focus distance of 0.275 m (0.9 ft)
- Clearly-labeled infinity position for the focus ring with a noticeable "click" to make it easy to find, even in the dark
- Ideal for landscape, nature, architecture, real estate photography and astrophotography
- UV reflective, engraved markings, ideal for night photography
- 4 high refractive lenses (HR), 2 ED lenses and 3 aspherical lenses guarantee minimal distortion, as low as 3.13%
- Focus lock allowing you to maintain the chosen setting at any time
- Weather sealed construction resists the elements for use in the harshest conditions
The Irix 11mm f/4.0 Blackstone is compatible with full frame and APS-C sensors. As a fixed focal lens, it has a higher technical quality than wide angle zoom lenses and it will oblige you to look for the best frame for each photograph. You will be in absolute control of your own work. You will have an angle of view of 126º to work with.
This 11mm wide angle lens is suitable for all photographers, whether you're a landscape photographer, a nature photographer, architecture, interior or astrophotographer. The exterior housing is designed to be very durable. All markings are engraved with UV fluorescent paint to glow when using a little UV flashlight. This and the infinity stop make it perfect for night photography. The 11mm does not have front threads for a filter but you can insert 30x30mm gel filters in the rear filter slot.
- Weather sealed, usable even in extreme weather conditions
- Inner seals also protect from accidental liquid splashes or spills
- Perfect for photographers who need to work in all kinds of weather, rain or shine
- Hyperfocal scale helps maximise depth of field
- When setting the focusing ring to infinity, you will feel a noticeable stop, making it easy to find the position, even at night or when visibility is otherwise limited
- Positive focus lock to maintain the chosen setting at any time
- Ensures consistent focus settings for repetitive shots, long exposure and time-lapse
- Fluorescent markings: engraved, then painted with special UV fluorescent paint
- See the settings for your Blackstone even in low-light situations
- Ideal for night photography
- Rear gelatin filter slot for even more options
- Filters can be cut by the photographer at 30x30mm
The 11mm lens is an extremely wide full frame rectilinear lens with a 126° angle of view. 4 highly refractive lenses (UR), 2 ED lenses and 3 aspherical lenses guarantee minimal distortion, as low as 3.13%, making it absolutely unique in its class.
The Irix 11mm f/4 Firefly has an innovative focus lock, ideal for when you are working with longer exposures and you need to maintain the focus in the same position. One small movement and a whole day's work could be lost, but with this new innovation, you will keep your focus exactly where you want it.
Last but not least, let's talk about the exterior construction. The aluminium-magnesium alloy makes for a very durable exterior housing and it is weather sealed to withstand even the harshest conditions and to prevent dust and humidity from entering the lens. If you are the adventurous type of photographer and you need a lens that will accompany you on all your adventures, this is the lens you need. Even when it rains!
Irix 11mm MTF graphic
Irix 11mm distortion
|Camera mount||Canon EF|
|Fixed focal length||11mm|
|Minimum focus distance||10.8" (0.275m)|
|Elements / Groups||16/10|
|Angle of View||126º|
|Lens Hood||Yes (non removable)|
|Weight||1.61 - 1.74 lbs (730-790 g)|